My very Washington wish list and gift guide, featuring shops, products and sales in Washington, D.C.:
1. For the Hostess: “Nutcracker Sweet” soap and dish set, $21 at The Kellogg Collection*. Shop Small on Saturday at this shop and you’ll find candles, holiday décor, pillows and more. Saturday is also the last day of their November sale on rugs and wood furniture.
2. For the World Traveler: Oh La La bag, $40 from What2WearWhere.com*. You’ll want to see what comes inside this bag of goodies…
3. For the Beauty: Fresh tools and makeup from KARMA by Erwin Gomez*. This makeup is made by local DC artist Erwin Gomez and is made to go with any skin shade. Also buy gift certificates for luxurious salon and spa services like massages, hair styling and more.
4. For the Fashionista: Madison Marcus sweater and skirt at Sassanova. This Saturday, the boutique is slashing prices up to 50% on merchandise.
5. For the Jewelry Lover: Morra gold jewelry at Ella-Rue – goes with almost any outfit. Use your AmEx at Ella-Rue on Saturday for 10% off new and consigned rare designer clothing and accessories.
6. For the Artist: Tickets to see Septime Webre’s Nutcracker. The Washington Ballet brings this classic back on Saturday, November 29.
7. For the Foodie: A gift card to Second State*, a new farm-to-table restaurant in Dupont Circle with craft cocktails mixed by Boris Stojković.
8. For that Girl Who Could Use A Little Je Ne Sais Quoi: The wildly popular Marie Jo Avero Bra at Coup de Foudre*, a.k.a. “the flower bra.” On Saturday, the lingerie shop is providing a deal on gift cards. Spend $40 to get a $50 gift card, spend $80 to get $100, etc.
9. For the DC-phile: Liberty Pin at Ann Hand. It’s been spotted on the lapels of many powerful Washington women.
*denotes a Rosé Media social media client